What is it about the rainbow that gives most people a sense of happiness? Sure, it signifies the calm after a storm, but the colors themselves have an effect on our minds. We go over color psychology and give you a better idea of what you may translate to your guests.
Color psychology is a well-known, yet less explored branch of the study of how our brain perceives what it visualizes. As far as scientific research goes, there is not much to work with. However, the impact that colors have on our brains is used to manipulate our decision making by multiple facets of society.
￼Personality Based on Color:
- Associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as we ll as passion, desire, and love.
- Enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
- It attracts attention more than any other color, at times signifying danger.
If you want to use red for your wedding, make sure you match it with colors that won’t make it look like christmas or valentines day. Usually red goes great with black and make it a great modern design like this wedding
- Combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow.
- Associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics.
- Represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success,
encouragement, and stimulation.
Orange is very fall theme color and it goes with all the fall colors like reds, yellow, purples, burnt colors and greens. But now there’s a new trend that people are using light oranges for spring combined with light pinks, whites, beige and greens. Just like the image included below.
- Associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates
- Bright, pure yellow is an attention getter, which is the reason driving signs are this color.
- When overused, yellow may have a disturbing effect.
- Yellow indicates honor and loyalty.
Yellow in weddings are so bright and fun. Usually used for spring weddings and fall weddings.
- Color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility.
- Strong emotional correspondence with safety.
- Dark green is also commonly associated with money.
- Has great healing power.
- Green suggests stability and endurance.
- Color of the sea. It is often associated with depth and stability.
- Symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
- Considered beneficial to the mind and body.
- Strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
- Combines the stability of blue and the energy of red.
- Associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition.
- Conveys wealth and extravagance.
- Associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
- Associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity.
- Considered to be the color of perfection.
- Signifies safety, purity, and cleanliness.
- Usually has a positive connotation.
- Can represent a successful beginning.
- Depicts faith and purity.
- Associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.
- A mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes).
- Usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, ‘black death’).
- Denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color.
- The symbol of grief.
But…. it is used by so many couples because it add boldness and strong vibe to the room so don’t be scared to use it.